Shopee

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Scammer alert!


Recently, I tried to sell my Action Cam – Sony AS300. I’ve used it for more than 2 years, so I thought of getting a new one.

So as you know, there are many platforms that we can use to sell things. Using those social media and now we have Shopee, Carousell and Mudah.my which are very easy and fast.


I think we all used to like Mudah, because it’s really mudah and before the existence of Lazada and any other platform, we only use Mudah to find something, from a car to buy and a room to rent, and now it offers many other services.

But all of these, Mudah.my had given me quite a ‘bad’ experience. It’s basically not their fault, but some of the people who misuse it for scamming. I’m not sure what is their modus operandi, but here what I got after posting my ads;


I knew they’re scammers, I had no time to play along and do the ‘scam the scammer’ thing, so I just blocked them immediately. But sometimes, it takes time to realize they're a scammer. Like this -






I knew it right away after he said he's from oversea.

From what I googled, from the people who experienced the same thing, this is what the scammer did:
  • They ask for your email address and bank account details. 
  • They usually live oversea and said they will bank in the money straight away
  • They banked in the money and then the bank sent an email to you saying there was some problem during transaction, they had overpaid to you and the payment will be pending until you return the extra payment
Well, here’s the thing;
  • Why do you want to believe the buyer will buy your 2nd hand product without checking the condition first?
  • The buyer doesn’t negotiate and willing to pay your requested price, sometimes they even want to pay more, isn’t that too good to be true?
  • What bank use gmail to inform you about their system problem?
  • Why the bank emailed to you to fix the issue, not to the sender?
  • And why do you need to refund the money when you don’t receive any from the buyer?
I’m not sure why there are some people fall into this trap, apparently there are because these scammers still exist and still out there to try their luck.

Be smarter, people!

Oh one more thing, if you don’t want to receive any spam messages and text from those scammers, please hide your Whatsapp number when posting Ads in mudah.my. Let them contact you via email or the app.

0 love notes by lovable lovers:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails